Jambands.ca

Back to work blues

Basher

Man, coming back to work after a week off really sucks. I wanna be one of those people that can't wait to get to work in the morning and love their job, but I don't think that is ever gonna happen.

I'm just venting here, not doing well this week at all. Come on Vegas, hurry up and get here!

Guest Low Roller

A year ago I was promised a position as a client interface for my company by travelling to various conferences and gaining technical and marketing experience in my assigned field, shmoozing with the who's who of the high-tech industry.

Today, I find myself writing material for marketing, and the total number of conferences I've been to this past year = 0.

But a job's a job I suppose.

Guest Low Roller

Yup. They now use engineers to make the marketing and sales teams look good. Even though we do all the work, they get all the credit, and all the commission.

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

Yup. They now use engineers to make the marketing and sales teams look good. Even though we do all the work, they get all the credit, and all the commission.

Good grief. It's one thing to have the marketing and sales people consult you--in fact, it's expected--but it's another to have you do the work for them.

They should hire a dumbass technical writer to do this stuff. You'd think they'd have thought of this by now--technical writers are cheaper than engineers [smile] (or so my most recent VP has told me).

Archived