Jambands.ca

ISO: The Slip shows

Del

You can get them online in a few places:

If you have Hotline (a download program that sort of sucks but does the job) you can get them here

There may also be some torrents on etree.org (why yes, there are two)

Finally, post a message on theslip.com asking about login details for OZ (Jason Booth runs a server of Slip SHNs. It's the undisputed king in terms of content)

Thanks for the info about "OZ" ahess,its a FTP right?

I agree the hotline sucks..I can never seem to get a download from that server,at least a complete one and when I did the MD5 never checked out,all three times I thought I was successful.

I promptly deleted the program.

Del,

Check you PM's I can do what we were talking about last night,no problem.

When I'm at home I'll try and find the login and password for OZ. I haen't used it much lately but when it was up and running it was ridiculously fast, all high quality shows (most of which were recorded by Cleantone, who I guess is the Slip's unofficial archivist)

quote:

Originally posted by ahess6488:

Make sure you have disabled hammering/auto-retry or you'll end up in the banned list.

Ok,so today it appears I have a case of the stupids.

I use Smart FTP and I am having trouble locating that the hammering/auto-retry to see if it is disabled or enabled,I was just connected to the server,but choose to exit until I find out about this.My question is..where do I find that option on Smart FTP program.

wow, i got on the site....and didn't know where to start...

so i got off....

anyone have any starting recommendations....i'm not starting having never heard slip, but on that server, i dont know where to start....

they have like 100 slip shows...

anyone have any favorites on that site...

i noticed the one w/ jfjo, but i have that one.

anyone?

First of all, if you want to browse setlists for The Slip you have to check out SlipBase: www.phrazz.com/slipbase

Favorites you say? Well shit where to begin:

11-09-2002 - Please start with this one.

7-25-03 - Some of the newer material but outstanding. Funny intro too

99-12-31 - It's 5 discs, and a good 3/4's of that is incredible. Featuring Dr.Didg I believe.

2-06-2002 - Nice Nice nice

There's plenty others but this'll get you started. Yes, I am a junkie.

There should be a few of the Canadian shows up there, including Evolve from the last two years as well as the Montreal dates and some of the Candian run from May.

If you're looking for Babylon I can upload it there, but I would grab Come Together if it's available. far superior to any of the other dates that were recorded around that time. (5-18-2003)

might i suggest you start here>>>>>>>>>>

11/09/2002: Stella Blue: Asheville, NC

Set I: TEWDACYATM*, Tonight We Leave Chicago, Ernie Mickey , You Might Say, Chatter, Nellie Jean

Set II: Intro jam> Metroplatypus/The Social/Yoshimi (Fight Test) Jam, Gemini (Kingdom of Light) , Star Spangled Banner thing, Love and Tears, Sandman, Drums/Applause

Encore: Alsoa, Sorry

the first set doesn't hold much steam even throughout the nellie jean... BUT with the first note of the second set it's a whole new game. one of the better 30 minutes i've EVER spent with my stereo.

also, seek out a nice "eube"

for reference, songs, or setlists head www.phrazz.com/slipbase

Oh damn Esau. I'm not familiar with that program otherwise I'd have chimed in. Did you check the help file for: auto-retry, hammering, auto-connect...something like that anyway.

Failing that post a message on the slip's bulleting board and jason will probably take you off the banned list.

Archived