Jambands.ca

....ummm.....yeah....pretty gross......

Hux

Fear of mad cow disease hasn't kept customers from eating the deep-fried cow brain sandwiches served Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2004, at the Hilltop Inn in Evansville, Ind. The delicacy is traced back to a time when southern Indiana newcomers from Germany and Holland wasted little. Some families have their own recipes passed down over the generations. (AP Photo/ Daniel R. Patmore)

-

I don't know what is up with the folks in Indiana. When we were there for Deer Creek this past summer they sold deep fried everything. One place was selling deep fried chocolate bars (Mars, Snickers, etc), and if you can believe it.....deep fried twinkies!!! Picture a pogo hotdog ona stick type thing, but use a twinkie instead.

Of course I had to sample one of these local delicacies, and I still feel my cholesteral going up!

Colin

here's another recipe for gross:

Prairie Oysters are a tradition. They are cooked up and served at brandings everywhere in the west. Wherever you find cows and cowboys, then you're sure to have Prairie Oysters.

Even if you aren't a sea food lover, Prairie Oysters are something you just have to try at least once in your life. Just make sure you have lots of hot sauce with you!

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:

Lots of Oysters from the branding!

1 cup milk

2 eggs -- beaten

1/2 cup fine bread crumbs

1/2 cup poultry seasoning, sage

1or 2 cloves of garlic -- crushed

salt & pepper to taste

1/2 cup butter

chives chopped finely

Lots of Tiger Hot Sauce

HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:

Double skin your prairie oysters

Soak them in milk

Combine the bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, sage, garlic and salt and pepper

Roll the oysters in the crumb mixture

Fry the oysters in butter until golden

Serve them hot out of the pan with dipping sauces or Tiger Hot Sauce

Cold beer seems to go down pretty good with hot Prairie Oysters!

Enjoy or at least try one!

uhhhh, NO THANKS

Archived