Jambands.ca

Vanjams this weekend

keither

WOW!!

Weekend #1 in Vangroover that we finally have some choices in our scene about where to go groovin!!

Here it is!

Fri. Feb. 21 @ Arts Club Backstage Lounge - KUSH

Fri. Feb. 21 @ Green Room - RECIPE FROM A SMALL PLANET/WASSABI COLLECTIVE

Sat. Feb. 22 @ Cafe Deux Soleils - KYNKAYD

Sun. Feb. 23 @ Fairview Pub - ENDOSOLO

Quality!

Peace East.

Keither

I was there. Damn - shit went OFF. Recipe ripped-it-up like no-one's business. That keyboardist is DOPE - he tickled the clav like the Pilsbury fuckin doughboy - silly. Wassabi then came out and blew-up the dancefloor real good with the dual-marimba action and more stage-presence than you could shake a stick at. The room was packed to the rafters with boogiers and boogie-ettes trippin on the intense energy put out by both bands..... among other things. (not me, though. I learned my lesson on NYE) It seemed everyone was there - it was a gathering, sort of. Great show - I give it a 10.

meggo - didn't Recipe just play Victoria last week? I'm sure they did...

quote:

Originally posted by weezy:

here's some pics from last Friday - it was an awesome night: photos by Krystal Stevens

Hey, I know Krystal!! Well, I've only met her once but she's best friends with a good friend of mine here in Peterborough. Small world eh? Nice pics!

Now THAT was a sweet weekend!! I missed out on the Recipe/Wassabi show as I went instead to the KUSH show at the Arts Club. Kush ripped it up for about 3 1/2 hours and although a lot of peeps were late coming... the dance floor was packed and groovin by the time they kicked off the second set.

Saturday night, for those musical hardcores like myself, just took things up another notch as KYNKAYD brought their 6-piece funk explosion to Cafe Deux Soleils. The place was super busy and the dance floor was moving with the grooves... all the beautiful girls and boys!!!

Sunday night with BRIAN FOWLER ENDOSOLO at The Fairview was just what the soul needed to cap off our wicked weekend. Mellow HOPGRASS (Hip-Hop meets bluegrass) grooves from our good friend Brian to chill, drink a beer and sink it all in. I'll definitely be getting Brian to do some opening sets for some of the other electric shows we've been doing. A little Keller, a little Arlo Guthrie, A little Tony Furtado... a little Eminem?

SWEETNESS ALL AROUND!!

Peace.

Archived