Jambands.ca

FUNKED OUT GRAMMY's

Siloet

That whole Funk set at the Grammy's was rad. Sounded solid all around, however I saw about 15 people up there playing guitars at one point and I'm pretty sure that i could only hear about 2. Bunch of fakers. But whatevers Clever George Clinton definately rocked out!

I thought it was embarassing actually. The Earth Wind Fire was passable, then half of Outkast (did no one else notice that Andre 3000 was replaced by the Andre 4000 with bug eye shades), then Randolph I'll admit was pretty good, then the geriatric funk. I was groaning before it started because I knew Clinton would be brutal. And oh was he ever. Waddling around like a geriatric crackhead, creaking up and down the stairs. You're right though you could hardly hear any of the guitars but at least Bootsy was upfront in the mix (the sound on the whole was brutal). Funny how it's okay for Clinton to appear while up on drug charges, Timberlake can appear despite his role in the booby incident and yet Janet has to pull out- fucking moral majority.

that's an interesting point kung.

i was thinking the same about janet et justin and thought race possibly played a factor in his appearance and her absence but w/ clinton's appearance i'm not sure what to think...except the suits at cbs probably gave george a pass if he hooked them up with some grade 'a' blow. [Razz]

i also thought the p-funk portion was uneven, yet i enjoyed them live last year in london and thought they were good.

and for a brief tv appearance, robert randolph smoked!

Archived