Jambands.ca

New Hunter S. Thompson Interview

kung

He's surprisingly lucid. Not a ton of insight but good to know our brains might still function in 50 years. Here it is.

quote:

But let's go back to that one question. If every dead-head in this country voted next, or had voted in 2000, we would have a different government today. And not that that would guarantee anything, but we would all be a lot better off than we are now. The dead-heads carry a huge potential impact vote. At any age! I don't give a fuck what age. I've been a Grateful Dead addict ever since I met them. And that's an organizing basis. What the fuck…if they all voted, we could throw the president out. It's fun to throw the president out of the White House. I've done it. I know.

I was totally impressed with Hunter on CNN about a year back. They led into the interview with the tongue in cheek "ha-ha's" about the 60s writer who had taken too much of everything as if it'd all be a big joke. Thompson came on totally thoughtful and eloquent (outspeaking those interviewing him with grace) and gave them no vindictive satisfaction at all.

the quote you pick is funny, I talked to a bunch of older heads last summer on tour and asked them how Bush got in and they said just that. Far Left Liberal Democrats like them don't vote because they don't feel they have anyone to vote for. But their attitude was changing and they felt maybe they should.

Archived