Jambands.ca

The Slip news....

bouche

Also, they are now starting to do flac soundboard downloads, looks like it'll be around $8 a disc.

AliveAudio:

The Slip are excited to announce an entrance into the digital galaxy of live music downloading. By popular request, the first show to be sold will be the heavily requested Aliveacoustic CD Release Party from the Narrows Center for the Arts over Thanksgiving, 11/28/03.

Additionally, The Slip band and crew have all selected their favorite live songs from the last eleven months forming a compilation from The Slip to your ears with love. Mr.thecake has created some artwork specifically for this compilation, so once you buy the music, you can download the art.

These audio files will be sold in FLAC format, exclusively from AliveAudio.net. Read this page devoted to FLAC on the AliveAudio.net website to further understand this new lossless compression delivery.

from the slip ...

Surprise Me Mr. Davis is:

Brad Barr [guitar, vocals]

Andrew Barr [drums]

Marc Friedman [bass]

Nathan Moore [guitar, vocals]

Last winter, when poet/songwriter Nathan Moore was visiting The Slip in Boston, the largest snowstorm since '78 hit. They were trapped. With little more than food from the convenience store on the corner to survive on, they began playing with the new recording software on The Slip's home computer. "Surprise me," became a catch phrase that week whenever someone would get that glimmer in the eye and disappear into the headphones. If anyone asked, "What should I play?," the inevitable answer was "Surprise me!" Toward the end of the week, Nathan received a message on his cell phone from the enchanting voice of a sweet older lady with a thick accent saying, "Oh, you're having fun with that recording! Well I guess you guys are snowed in, I bet you're drinking a lot of hot chocolate....have a nice day." It was a wrong number. She had called someone named Mister Davis. The result of those snowed-in days of friendship and artistic collaboration was the album Surprise Me Mr. Davis. This will be the ensemble's first tour. Songwriter and poet extraordinaire Leslie Helpert (aka Serpentfly) will join them, appearing as the opening act as well as contributing her exquisite voice and kinetic stage antics throughout each evening.

Tour Dates

Thursday, February 26

Webster Theater

Hartford, CT

Friday, February 27

Iron Horse Music Hall

Northampton, MA

Saturday, February 28

Middle East

Cambridge, MA

Sunday, February 29

Ultra

Providence, RI

Tuesday, March 2

Southpaw

Brooklyn, NY

Wednesday, March 3

Tin Angel

Philadelphia, PA

Thursday, March 4

Savannah's

Albany, NY

Friday, March 5

Club Metronome *early show

Burlington, VT

Saturday, March 6

Eclipse Theater

Waitsfield, VT

-

Spring Tour :: From Austin To Boston

The Slip's Spring tour begins March 18th in Austin, TX with a late night set at South By Southwest. The tour winds through the midwest and ends up in the Northeast in April.

Thursday, March 18

South By Southwest

Austin, TX

Friday, March 19

Club Dada

Dallas, TX

Saturday, March 20

Sticky Fingerz

Little Rock, AR

Sunday, March 21

Chester's Place

Fayetteville, AR