Jambands.ca

Happy 60th Birthday Roger Daltrey!!!!

Jaimoe

Got one helluva voice thats for sure and kicked out alot of amazing songs.

-

-

quote:

People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

Just because we get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation

This is my generation, baby

Cheers & a happy birthday to Roger. --

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

He is a great interpreter of Pete's tunes. He co-wrote only a few Who songs, the most famous being " Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere ".

I'm aware of what he wrote,I was talking about his voice.I used the lyrics from that song for obvious reasons..."hope I die before I get old"

quote:

Originally posted by Esau:

Got one helluva voice thats for sure and kicked out alot of amazing songs.

Ok,I'll clarify.

By kicked out I meant sang.

My apologys.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

I remember a day when I asked you if you like power-pop bands like the Kinks and Who and you said not really. That's the only reason why I mentioned " Anyway ".

Not now-a-days anyway.

I was into those bands alot during the eighties as I discovered music from that generation.

Now I have a different taste in music,but have never disliked those bands.

Quadrophenia being one of my favourite Who albums of all time.And "You Better,You Bet" being my favourite Who song period.

I love the Who way to much to be able to pick a favourite song. I really like "Eminence Front" and the entire Quadrophenia album. Actually, the Tommy album is spectacular. Has anyone ever heard the song "Cobwebs & Strange"? I love pulling that out of my collection and throwing it on at a party. Very funny!

I love " Cobwebs & Strange " too. It's a great early showcase for a young and frenzied Keith Moon's drumming prowess. An even better showcase drum song for a young Moon is " The Ox " from The Who Sings My Generation - it may be the only punk/mod surf tune.

Archived