Jambands.ca

Sanzwill this Sat 27th at polos!

jay sanislo

regretted the harshness of that first post and won't bother rolling my eyes back at ya... that grand saved my neck and I at least owe standing up for them for doing that for me, besides actually liking the place... you're right though that you should be able to voice your opinion on the subject without me getting persnickety back

two of my best friends (not marie who's worked there longer) worked at the bar for over two years, made good money and visit there every time they're back in town... some people can deal with pat, some people can't... depends if they accept he's unhinged occasionally and let it slide or if they take it personally when he goes on the wonk

my friends agreed to play for too little money originally when they had nowhere else to play and he wouldn't give them more later on so they left, doesn't really constitute a rip off... most like martin and rosemary, waxmannequin, hunter, and so many others over the years got their start there and then went on to better paying gigs elsewhere... polo's is paid practice space as far as a band is concerned, nothing more... its a pretty tiny bar

its my opinion that its a fine place and sanzwill shows rock at polo's... better than any other venue I've seen them play... its the right size room for them for now and its laid back enough they can be themselves... they can play a show on their terms there without expectations... also has the added benefit of walk-by traffic who pop in, especially in the summer

will be stopping down saturday but I understand why you won't

Archived