Jambands.ca

Thoughts on "is it morning?"

gentlemonkey

I think you have me confused with someone else (another Brad, perhaps?). I split about 1am, and don't remember any "displays", with or without people getting wet. (And yes, I acutally did buy the album; IIRC, I was also the first person to add my name to the e-mail list [at least to the page that was open early in the evening, before they started].)

Aloha,

Brad (but probably not the Brad you mean)

I bought "is it morning?" at the last [:-(] Whipping Post gig by Nero, and it's in heavy rotation on my discman. I *love* it. It captures the live experience very well, but still sounds different enough to warrant its existence (as opposed to a CD of a live gig). (I even recognize one of the tunes; I remembered "401 theme" from the gig.)

The music is great; sort of intense/ethereal/funky guitar, with a strong melodic sense, and it has that we're-playing-free-but-solidly-locked-together flavour that I like (and wish I could play).

The sound quality is great, too: very professional (and well-sequenced; the flow from song to song takes you on a trip), but with an "immediate" quality that can easily be lost in a full professional studio. It's layered enough (I assume from multi-tracking and delay/synth stuff) to fill out the sound, but it still has a live quality to it.

My compliments to the band; keep up the great work.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived