Jambands.ca

so the remaining dead are reuniting!!!!

secondtube

Check out last paragraph!!!!!

Art and part

Grateful Dead drummer and founding member Bill

Kreutzmann bought a Powerbook in 1993.

"I didn't know anything about it," Kreutzmann said recently. "Photoshop 3.0 was already loaded on it, and Jerry Garcia showed me how to use it in a Los Angeles hotel room before a gig."

Ever since, Kreutzmann has been creating digital

visual art using various rendering software. His first exhibit outside of the Bay Area is being presented by Walnut Street Gallery, 217 Linden St. in Fort Collins.

"Visions of Sound" will run through April 15. The

gallery will be hosting a public reception for

Kreutzmann on Saturday from noon to 2 p.m. (for

information, call 800-562-3387 or 970-221-2383).

How does he describe images like "Spirit Walkers"?

"I'm going to be honest. My total influence would have to be LSD, the colorful effects I got to see on psychedelics. Let's see, there's watercolors, oils . . . let's call this medium "acid-mind,' " Kreutzmann said. "In my art, I try to see things that you don't see in reality, things between the lines."

During a five-year hiatus from music, Kreutzmann lived in Hawaii.

"Over there, you get overloaded with great visions. Those great open beaches and all that wonderful water gave me a lot of input," he said.

"Any medium that lets a person be creative is art. It doesn't matter if your fingers move a mouse; you're still picking colors and sizes and shapes. The thing I like about computer art is, I don't have to wait for paint to dry. I don't have a lot of patience for that. If it hadn't gotten started with Photoshop, I would have never gotten into art, because it would be too much of a hassle."

Kreutzmann admitted he's gearing up for this summer. He'll be back on the road with the surviving members of the Dead.

"I don't know if I can talk about it yet. It looks like the beginning of August. It'll be all the longtime members and their bands. My new band is the Trichromes."

This was in The Denver Post today!

ENJOY

Peace

Without '20 Fingers' Bruce there, I cant see me going, even if Phil is there. I guess it will also depend on which Guitar player they bring (and it BETTER not be 3 of them again)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't make plans this year for the Furthur Festival or for appearances by the Other Ones, the ad hoc group of former Grateful Dead family members that toured in 1998 and 2000. Bruce Hornsby, who was a frequent guest keyboardist with the Dead and a founding member of the Other Ones, tells LAUNCH that the latter has been mothballed for the foreseeable future.

"That thing is done--stick a fork in that son of a bitch. They hardly talk, those guys. You know, there was a bit of a coming together, rapprochement with Bobby Weir and **Phil (Lesh**)," he says. "They've done a few gigs together. You know, it's all this weirdness--everywhere you look in that scene, it's just rife with freak-out. People just are not getting along in that scene too well."

But Hornsby--who releases a new album, Big Swing Face, in May--says he isn't mourning the demise of the Other Ones, saying he'd rather play new music than simply rehash old Dead material. "I'm so glad to be all done with that, because, you know, it just felt so much like the Dick Clark Presents to me after a while, and it's a trap. I don't want to be that guy. I just refuse. I love the guys--they're great people, and I miss seeing 'em. I like them all so much just as people, and I love them as musicians, but it's just a trap to me that they're in."

I have three MINT '98 Other Ones shows (soundboards) that I'm gonna be burning like crazy when I get a burner in a few days, I would love to spread some of the GRATE music around to y'all...I'm a big Others Ones booster. Hornsby is a moody guy, I mean, is he trying to say he's played more compelling music with his own band...I really don't think Huey Lewis tunes on Accordian come close to an 18 minute Dark Star with surviving members of the Dead...yah, I'm a little bitter...