Jambands.ca

"Ferris-Huxtable" this Friday at Dekcuf.....lots of suprises!!!

Hux

Ferriswheeler (just back and hot from tour) and Dr.Huxtable have a very special evening of music planned for this Friday March 29th at Cafe Dekcuf. The roots of friendship between our bands go back many, many, years (to pre-O-town days) and after discussing and anticipating it for literally several years, we are extremely excited to finally be playing a gig together!!

The show will be live webcast from canadianbands.net and in the spirit of "the music never stop(ing)" we will melt our sets together with as many as 9 musicians taking the stage at once for the set-transition and again throughout the course of the evening....we hope to fill every second of the webcast with funky jams and familiar gems that we have been busy un-earthing...

So, with all due consideration to the other great music happening this Friday (we love you Brad) please consider checking out what we hope will be a great night of musical exploration and collaboration!!

Dr.Huxtable

w)Ferriswheeler

Cafe Dekcuf - This Friday...

FW will hit the stage around 10...

$5

Peace y'all!

www.drhuxtable.com (join our mailing list!)

www.ferriswheeler.com

I saw a program on Bravo! once featuring Alain Caron (bassist in Uzeb, among other accomplishments) and Michel Donato (whom I'd never seen before, but who is what seems like another bass master) playing duets.

The nice thing, Michel said, is that usually, when a bass player takes a solo, you don't have any backing except the drums...with two bass players, the soloist gets a backing bass player, which Michel said was what was so cool about playing with Alain. They didn't so much do duelling bass, but foreground/background playing.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

actually, we decided to wait one more gig to unleash Scotty onto the world

Why do I have a vision of some secret genetic experiment lab where you've created a bass player out of spare parts...a bass player who's a crime against nature*...I can see it now: "The Island Of Dr. Huxtable"...

Is he at least coming to the gig on Friday?

Aloha,

Brad

* No offence intended against the guy, I'm sure he's nice, but I'm going for a vision here...

Keri, that poster looks fabulous! What talented people we have here on the Sanc. I decided to tell you here, so that NO ONE would forget about our show on Friday. Dr. Hux sent me the setlist yesterday and all I can say is LOOK OUT PHOLKS! This is going to be an insane show!

Getting excited....... grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Yeah, well I just got confirmation from the designer of the new Phish Sanctuary money for Sunday/Nero/New Years that there may be some advance bills floating around on Friday night!

Make your own counterfeit stash for Sunday night wink.gif" border="0