Jambands.ca

war.. uhn! good god..

Hux

I know no one cared about my post regarding the fantastic show that Mr Springsteen put on last week. Since it wasn't of the "jamband" variety I should have expected that much. Oh yeah except for Cheesyhead who pointed out that singing with passion makes you look like you are taking a dump......

But he opened with that song, and said not a word. The volumes that it spoke through music was amazing...... And then to close the show he asked the crowd to go home and form their own opinion about the impending war, bad or good. Not to be controlled by the media etc. After that he said that 20 years ago the Vietnam war prompted him to write the next song, and that he NEVER EVER wanted to have to write a song like it again. He then tore into one of the best most popular Anti American songs in history (except maybe American Woman, or Rocking in the Free World)- Born in the USA. He then promptly left the stage to a huge applause- no Bush supporters or war mongers were sitting in their seats after that.

Gotta love music and politics when its just pure feeling.

Sean

Hey Sean, I guess missed your original post about the Springsteen show but I agree wholeheartedly - Springsteen has always been a favorite of mine, and his live version of War from 75-85 is always the one I hear in my head when I think about that song. From the No-Nukes days to the present, I've always had tremendous respect for him and for all the American performers like him who have understood that loving your country is not necessary at odds with having your own opinions about what your government does. God bless ya Bruce!

Peace,

Mr. M.

I too missed your post but I love Springsteen. I think America really needs him right now and I can respect that.

He's a great artist and I have to say that "Lonesome Day" is one of the finest radio tunes I think of at the moment. A great song. I may have to pick up "The Rising" after all.....

Archived