Jambands.ca

Ferriswheeler on Breakfast at the New RO

dave-O

SWEET!

That's cooool Dave-O, really cool.

I'll see if I have a video tape and try to catch as much as I can for you. I get up at 6:45 (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! That's when I go to bed on the weekends), so I will run the tape from then on.

Hey, do me a favour tomorrow (well, more than just me). Mention the fact that Garcia would have turned 60. It's August 1st and all [Wink]

But do it right, you dont want to get labelled as some Dippie The Hippie band! Therefore, if you dont get a chance, I totally understand. Do a little sneak-ski's..........

LET THE NINE DAYS OF "THE GREAT BARIA" BEGIN!

And to top it off, you put on a great show last night! Gad, getting up before dawn for a 5am soundcheck, going to work, then hooking in the celties on stage at Barrymore's would be enough to seriously maim most musicians, but you guys stepped up to the plate and delivered the goods. That funk bomb you (all-too-briefly) dropped about 2/3 through the set was the best.

By the end of the FW set, the crowd was at least grooving along, if not dancing (Dancingfool was in the house and gettin' busy, but was hanging back; he broke out bigtime for Celtae, though). I think I even saw one of the members of Celtae taking pictures of you guys.

Aloha,

Brad

Yup, the Celtae guys came out to take pics of FW. It was my first time seeing the band, too, and they were nicely tight - it's just that the crowd was so tough for them. As the main act said, 99% of the people there were Celtae regulars - and half of them came in at around 10 pm. Tons of young things, too. And people wonder why I hang around celtic shows so much. [smile] Well, actually, it's for the dancing... and I wish some would actually know of the proper group dances which are fun to do for this type of music... I'm used to going to a ceili and dancing with other people all night long, no flirting, no pick-ups, just for the joy of dancing... Ah well.

As for "breaking out" for Celtae, I actually bruised a toenail (forgot to clip them), and thrashed what was left of my running shoes... Ask Dave-O what I looked like at the end of the concert...