Jambands.ca

Scene and Heard?

SolarGarlic

Hey! I know Mark and M were unable to keep this project going and I was wondering if anyone has taken over the rains?? Im pretty sure I don't have the time/resources to do it myself but I would gladly contribute with a group of people who were interested....Whats up? has there been an initiative? Northern Wish? I know you were into it...anyone? We HAVE to keep it alive!!!

I totally agree that it shouldn't die. The potential for this is huge, and like you Solar, I'm unable to take the thing over, but I am willing to commit to regular contributions.

How about the rest of you? Do you think Scene & Heard, or some equivelent project, is worthwhile in Canada? Is Canada too small/uninterested for a "jamband" magazine/fanzine? Or do you think a regular publication that's handed out around the country would help the scene grow?

Really, I think someone should pick up a copy of Revolving Door and make a Canadian version.

Sound off, people are listening.

I really hope Scene & Heard can stay alive somehow. I dont know the first thing about running that kind of operation and the jamband scene is pretty much nonexistent in the area I live. If anyone is able to pick up the reigns, I am willing to help out as much as I can, just let me know what I can do to help the publication or the scene in general.

I did infact email everyone back who seemed interested up front......

At this point it seems as though Scene and Heard is dead. With oodles of miscommunication a few weeks ago- my girlfriend (piranha132) got ambitious and sought out the interest level in keepin it going. It seemed as though things were progressing, when we got the whole story as to what was going on and were quashed.

As for now, the spirit is alive. We would gladly take on the editorial portion of the paper (editing, soliciting pieces, layout, structure etc.)- but we need someone to take care of getting ad dollars, business end of things etc. If anyone has any ideas we would love to hear them.

Finally, the paper will have to be renamed (and we hoped to be refocused to include all live music in Canada- not just Dead cover bands). If anyone has any questions they can email me at phan420@hotmail.com for the quickest response.