Jambands.ca

Smokestack in TO

bouche

Smokestack kicked some major arse in TO. They covered way to many impressive styles throughout the night, and the Phish inspiration was very clear in a couple of songs.

They had me hooked at the opening bluegrass tune.

I heard such an amazing version (I've always wanted to see and hear a great cover of this) "Walking on the Moon" by the Police.

I've gotta see them some more and figure out what's there's and what's not. It was all so good. The only other cover that I was aware of was the encore that the crowd DEMANDED, "Walk Like an Egyption".

These guys are very amazing, and I'm am so happy that we made it to the TO show. Nice surprise by Mark Tonin as well!

-

So glad I made the drive to Toronto for the show ... Smokestack is a very impressive band with 4 extremely talented musicians. I was most impressed with their wide range of musical styles ... bluegrass, jazz, jam rock, pop, boogie woogie ... they mixed it up nicely.

It was really nice to be able to surprise Mike and Sharon, to meet LJFH, and to party with a number of other Sanctuarians and cool music fans.

Can't wait to do it again.

Peace, Mark