Jambands.ca

Esau13

Esau

Just for you who ever can't get how my name is said....................................................................

E-SAW13=Esau13

Just like the dead Tune "My brother Esau"

Or the biblical name of a dude who beeseched his family name(I think thats how it goes)(Beeseched?????)

I got some beer in me and some treats so I thought I'd clear that up.

Thanks always to Paisley McFly for his complete understanding when I ramble and again for the ride back from Trey in 01.....

Cheers.....

And as always "Keep yer head out of yer ass"

Signed,

A man with arms

ps.Not that any of ya give a shit.

I'll give ya a shit!!!

beautiful work... paisley mcfly was born from a crowd of bisexual industrial goth chicks from dunnville who took a fancy to me for a spell and one day it fell out of one of their mouths and I hung on to it... the sylibature resembles my name... is sylibature a word? meaning sounds the same but doesn't rhyme...

anyone else got a fancy story on where they came up with their handle?

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

Just like the dead Tune "My brother Esau"

Or the biblical name of a dude who beeseched his family name(I think thats how it goes)(Beeseched?
???
?)

Greetings.

To "beseech" is to beg something of someone. It's a term that no one really uses anymore, but Shakespeare sure liked it.

Biblically, Esau was Jacob's older brother, and should have been the heir to Isaac's name and possessions. Isaac's wife Rachel preferred Jacob to Esau, and tricked the blind and infirm Isaac into giving his deathbed blessing to Jacon instead of Esau. Esau was hairy, Jacob was smooth-skinned; by covering his arms and neck with wool, Isaac fooled his old man, who couldn't see him and thought that he was blessing Esau. When dutiful Esau returned from the tasks his father had set for him, Isaac had already received his birthright. Esau got the shaft, essentially.

I have no idea how I know all this shit. I'm certainly not religious, and MarcO might even testify to my being actual demon-spawn.

As for Jamie's question about interesting stories regarding where we picked up our handle, mine's fascinating: it's the one my parents saddles me with at birth! [Wink]

Done babbling for now,

Brian.

Hey thanks Brian,I had a feelin' I was wrong.I had been told the story before but obliviously didn,t remeber it.

I got mine from the Dead tune,although i knew it was biblical name.

Yea Jamie I remember that cat, what timing, I was starved.Cheers to that dude!

Esau, from the Hebrew word pronounced ay-sawv, meaning rough, or hairy, was the grandson of Abraham and Sarah, the slightly older twin son of Isaac and Rebekah.

[big Grin]