Jambands.ca

Bob Dylan Fans

Ms Zimmy

Then it will also be two years this Sunday since THIS fine show:

Phil Lesh And Friends

Open Air Theater

San Diego, CA

Set 1: Jam> China Cat Sunflower> Cosmic Charlie, Lay of the Sunflower, *Hard To Handle, Rock -N- Roll Blues (with Crazy Finger tease)> Passenger

Set 2: Like A Rolling Stone> The Real Thing, *Eyes of the World> *King Solomons Marbles> Stronger Than Dirt, The Wheel> Not Fade Away> The Wheel> Sugaree

E: Patchwork Quilt

*Karl Denson on Saxophone, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe Opened

Right now it looks like I may be working tomorrow afternoon,I'll find out later tonight.

My $$ are tight right now..I'd have to look into a greyhound to make it to Ottawa..sounds like a great time though.I hate when things are screwed up like this..

My favorite artist on the planet (along with Neil Young) turns sixty-three on Monday. I'm happy to actually have May 24th off this year as often the holiday weekend doesn't actually fallon the 24th of May.

I'll be definitely listening to Mr. Zimmerman that day and will looking forward to seeing him again in Manchester, TN on Friday June 11th at Bonnaroo.

Let me share with you my favorite Dylan birthday. It was in 2001 when I saw U2 on Bob Dylan's 60th Birthday. It was U2's first gig since a week or two off so Bono could be with his wife during the birth of their child.

During the opening song "Elevation" Bono said "Happy Birthday Bob". Also in the beginning of one of their other songs Bono quoted from "It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)". The line was "That he not busy being born, Is busy dying", but Bono changed the lyric to "He not busy dying, Is busy being born" obviously a reference to his newborn baby.

Before the show my friend Andrew and I were wondering what Dylan song U2 was going to cover of Bob's if in fact they were going to do that. Andrew suggested the obvious being "All Along The Watchtower" which was previously covered by U2 and documented on their 1988 album "Rattle And Hum" (the album in which Dylan also appears on backing vocals for the song which Dylan cowrote the lyrics with Bono entitled "Love Rescue Me"). I suggested "Forever Young" in reference to not only Bono's baby, but the eternal youth of Bob Dylan and his music. I actually ended up being right with Bono and The Edge performing a mini verison of the song during the encore.

Though Bono had vocal problems that day, probably due to the layoff to be their for his baby's birth it was a special day being Dylan's birthday. It was nice to see a band that has actually performed with the greatest songwriter of all time on his day of birth.