Jambands.ca

PETA

rubberdinghy

I have a question Deb,if we're not to believe the "propganda" from the news stations then how are we expected to believe PETA?

I believe that organizes like Ducks Unlimited & the SPCA do good (for example),they use reasonable tactics to get their point across & they do it succesfully,without destroying things like buildings,research centers that help in aiding to find cures for disease or medicinal aids for things like cancer(as a survivor thats an important issue to me), cavanasing grade schools or using scare tactics.

I have a question Deb,if we're not to believe the "propganda" from the news stations then how are we expected to believe PETA?

That is my point EXACTLY!!

The propaganda war is happening on BOTH sides, and if we don't take the initiative to inform ourselves of the vested interests behind NGOs/corporations/governments, etc, we're just dupes.

I repeat that in this "day and age" of information overload and easy access to info (notice I say info, not truth, or facts) anyone can find info to back up almost any belief/claim.

I look at PETA and say -- okay, they're trying to challenge the human assumption that animals are divinely given to the human species to treat and exploit as we see fit. Who benefits from this? The animals. fair enough. Now the PetaKillsAnimals.com group...what is their aim? To discredit PETA and to run them aground due to causing public outrage and pulled funding. Who benefits? In their own words, the American CONSUMING public, who now don't have to change their thinking patterns and purchasing habits. So by extension, Big Corporate America is also a beneficiary.

Whew-- taking a breath -- because I STILL have to say that I have never been a financial supporter of PETA, nor have I gotten off my ass to attend one of their rallies. Some of their campaigns seem a little extreme -- but it's nothing I'm not prepared to DISCUSS and debrief with my own children should they encounter such propaganda (Heavens, eh, what a concept, actually talking to children as if they have brains of their own!!) If PETA believes (as I believe they do) and acts on the belief that an animal life is EQUAL to a human life, that is indeed where we (PETA & I) part company. But as Moose so eloquently said above, we NEED challengers to the status quo. This is where I do agree with PETA's work.....

cheers (and ya know...it'd be a helluva lot more fun having this serious conversation over some pints!!!)

Well PETA really does do the same as the Peta Kills Animals then if you look at it that way.

They canvas grade schools(which the openly admit they will continue to do),not highschools,colleges or universities where people will be able to sift through their propangada and take what is relevant,make their own mind up on the issue,but instead scare children into thinking drinking milk (for example) is bad for them,attempting to discredit health services & proven facts.

And I will never see where killing a person instead of an animal is more humane.But they feel that children with cancer are better of dying of it instead of testing some drug on a lab rat bred purely for that reason.Or helper canines who without them, some people would be reduced to living in a care home,depressed & relaint on others instead of having their own independence,which cannot be disputed helps those people mentally & be happy.

After the time I have spent at the cancer clinic throughout my years,if some animals have to give their lives or die (whichever term you prefer) to help the kids I see there then I say so be it.

And I will never see where killing a person instead of an animal is more humane.But they feel that children with cancer are better of dying of it instead of testing some drug on a lab rat bred purely for that reason.Or helper canines who without them, some people would be reduced to living in a care home,depressed & relaint on others instead of having their own independence,which cannot be disputed helps those people mentally & be happy.

After the time I have spent at the cancer clinic throughout my years,if some animals have to give their lives or die (whichever term you prefer) to help the kids I see there then I say so be it.

and so do I, Esau, as I hope my post above made clear.

I caught the that no problem.Not meant to be an disagreeing comment actually,just why I have a dislike for them.

But I am confused that you find the peta kills animals site propaganda and not relaible,but at the same time feel this way.

we NEED challengers to the status quo. This is where I do agree with PETA's work.....

I would say that peta kills animals challenges also.Challenges the misinformation & absurdness of some of what PETA does,they never claim killing animals is good,just that PETA aren't what they claim to be.Using the same style tactics that PETA does.

i appreciate PETA for reminding me that beer is better for you than milk - nutritionally.

it made me look into milk a bit and when i found out how bad homogenization and pasteurization is for all us dairy consumers, i appreciated beer that much more.

thanks PETA...but no thanks for being a bunch of overbearing dinks.