Jambands.ca

The SPADES in Ottawa this weekend

Dr. J

high five?

"I'll 'high-five' you!!!"

No, really: In an effort to draw people out, and to overcome my dislike of and reluctance to high-five people, I'll try to make sure I not only participate in high-fives, I'll even try to initiate a couple tonight and/or tomorrow night.

Aloha,

Brad

Ack. There is a song about high five intimidation/apprehension that bradm's post made me think about, but I can't bring the tune, lyrics or band to mind. All I can find is "High Five Anxiety" by Nerf Herder - but I don't think that's what I'm thinking about.

Thanks a lot for burdening me with that "word on the tip of the tongue" feeling, brad :P

Maybe I've imagined the whole thing. (Maybe none of us really exist at all).

I should go to bed now.

I haven't seen enough of the pour house to judge its sound, but the beer made me sick before I could even see the Spades. I think the Sloth was saying the same thing but it could have been one bad night or one bad draught line.

Irene's? Boss.

high five?

"I'll 'high-five' you!!!"

No' date=' really: In an effort to draw people out, and to overcome my dislike of and reluctance to high-five people, I'll try to make sure I not only participate in high-fives, I'll even try to [i']initiate a couple tonight and/or tomorrow night.

Aloha,

Brad

I'll have to introduce you to my friend Mark one day - he high-fives all the time. Even in e-mails he writes "high-five!".

you bet Dr J!!! although i'm still a bit wonky from last night's celebration. every day it seems there is something to celebrate. for example, yesterday was thursday. awesome. and today - friday. even better!

i have a feeling it's going to be hot enough to make ya cuss up in that bar tonight. dress scantily folks!

:)

A couple of hot nights in the O-town and of course the Spades managed to raise the temp a notch or two.

Nice to chat with Bradm and Meggo again and to meet Phorbesie.

Differences this time thru....

1. With the universities out, you actually had room to move in the bar and had a clear path to the washrooms (until they broke down hehe).

2. For the first time, the band brought their regular sound man from Peterborough who after the first set had a pretty good read on the room.

For those of you who fall into the love the band/hate the bar category (and didn't make it out), get a hold of bradm's tape of the Friday nite show and crank it up....way up....he absolutely nailed the sucker!! Unfuckinbelievable!

Thanks, brad!

Edited by Guest

The spades were rocking on friday night. It was the best spades show I have seen yet, especially the second and third sets. The sound was much better then past times at the pour house and might be because they brought there regular sound guy. I was sick saturday from the night before and am regreting not being able to make it out to saturdays show. Cant wait for the spades to be back in town.

Cheers,

Jake

amen. spades rocked.

thanks for the beer dr j, coolest former principal around!

it was 200% nicer with less people in the bar!

fun to hear subterranean homesick blues too.

oh and i'm not sure how this went previously unnoticed, but man is the drummer cute!