Jambands.ca

Fred Armisen

zero

I was just about to post about that Ritchie B and his black comedian translator Marcus. I saw another version of the same skit that made me just howl out loud, instead of saying 'watermelon' in the deaf voice it was of course 'fried chicken'. For anyone who might read this and wonder what the hell we're talking about it's this sketch where a deaf comedian is being translated by a black guy and then he starts doing racist material and the guy refuses to translate. You have to see it. It of course is at the expense of the deaf somewhat but damn if Armisen's mock signing isn't fucking hilarious.

I love Fred Armisen too. Especially his Prince show, and his series of pet impressions, (Rachel Dracht is the owner) the cat one slays me.

Will Forte is awesome too- OH NOOOOO!!

Yeah I like this cast a lot, if Will Ferrell had stuck around, it would be unstoppable. love the fey/poeler news team, amy poehler used to be hilarious as an extra on conan too.

There's some particularly good footage of him and Jeff Tweedy in the extras on the Breaking DVD.

Yeah Monkey I meant to mention Will Forte as well. First sketch I saw with him was when he's Tim Calhoon running for Senate. I like Armisen's pet impressions too although I'm more partial to the parrot, he's a very gifted and sympatico physical comedian.