Jambands.ca

census

Alexis

So, Lockheed Martin et al are responsible for supplying software and printing and such, so I'm assuming that they are involved only in pre-filled-out forms and the like, so once a form is filled out they're completely out of the picture.

Is that right?

Read carefully what Stats Can says on the web site:

At no point does any contractor collect, handle, or possess confidential census responses.

I take this to mean that L-M might handle the data once it's been processed by Stats Canada. i.e. the public data that is also linked on the Stats Canada web site.

I know how mattm feels. Maybe it's just paranoia but the less the government knows about me the better. Yes, even if they've taken an oath. :)

(i have no idea how to pluralize census so i'll be creative) censai are extremely important surveys for the order of society. attempting to screw with the census, probably somehow, indirectly, screws you.

Not really, mattm is actually playing an expected and anticipated part in the census, which is why it will be accurate to within certain percentage points, 19 times out of 20.