Jambands.ca

New Beatles music to be released

Esau

FAB FOUR-EVER

An album featuring "completely new music" by the Fab Four is to be released this summer, concurrent with a glitzy Las Vegas stage show that will feature the tunes, reps for the band said yesterday.

The album comes 36 years after the rockers broke up, and 25 years after the death of John Lennon and more than four years after the death of George Harrison.

The new tunes will be cobbled together from hundreds of hours of tape of The Beatles' music.

Surviving band members Paul McCartney, 63, and Ringo Starr, 65, will help supervise the project.

"It involves the creation, by the remixing and remastering of The Beatles' recorded performances, of completely new music," said Neil Aspinall, head of the band's Apple Records.

The new tunes will appear in a show by Cirque du Soleil, the famed French troupe of acrobats, at the Mirage in Vegas.

The project was the idea of Harrison, two years before his death.

Aspinall said great care is being taken not to create a nostalgia show, but one that will reflect The Beatles' "uniqueness."

http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/66817.htm

I second that AD...except switch "ottawa" with "toronto"

My friend William (SmoothedShredder) and I have a geographical term that will come true in the next 500 years... The combined cities of Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto. I give you... MORONTAWA

we haven't figured out how to get rid of the 'moron' part of it though, it might be offensive to some. :)

AD

Not to be too critical but isn't Cirque actually a Canadian company? Or if you want to be really accurate French Canadian? The article gives me the impression that they are from France...of course that could just be me...

Would be cool though...no matter where they are from!

Edited by Guest