Jambands.ca

just life...

Birdy

you know when you're growing up, or even just getting older, and you're searching for what it is that you're going to do that will make you great, or give it all purpose? like the feeling that you know that you're meant for more, but what that more is you just aren't quite sure of?

who knows maybe it's just me who thinks this way... my dad used to tell me that i need to save my soul and make the world a better place for others to live in... and ever since i've kind of felt burdened in my quest to complete these tasks. maybe i've even taken the wrong approach, or maybe my quest is much simpler than i imagine it to be.

but regardless, i think i've found my more and that's just fuckin' exciting!!

life is literally, the greatest gift of all.

:)

hehehe.. i know you'd vote for me if i did ollie! haha

but seriously guys thanks for the congrats, but i'm undeserving of them so far... i need to work with this a little bit and develop it before i could accept any congratulations.

i was hoping my post to be more focused on just how great it is to have ideas and to have the chance to make something of those ideas and how that makes people feel and grow and all of that other fun spiritual stuff.

:)

It's great to hear you've got the spark burning :). Any hints, or is this an inspiration-in-progress?

I figure I'm one of the worst people I know for bringing an inspired idea out of the recesses of my cranium to the world of shared impressions... I mean, it took me until just around three years ago to work up the moxie just to be on a stage without totally flipping out and throwing a blanket over my head or something (I wonder if I should still try that... I read somewhere that that's why Stevie Ray Vaughan used to wear those big-brimmed hats). And sometimes I can feel content hoping that I leave the world a little bit less (or at least not more) screwed up than it presently is.

And then there's the Bleeding Gums Murphy dictum - "The blues isn't about making yourself feel better, it's about making people feel worse!" (I have to hope somehow that's a good thing too :) ).

it's an inspiration in progress... a multi-faceted inspiration in progress that will take a ton of time and thought on my part... but still, i'm very excited! it's like an enormous after school project. :)

you and edger are right, ideas come and go, but actually having it in you to roll with them is a special quality. time will tell for me!