Jambands.ca

I HEART THE DETROIT TIGERS!

Birdy

Read this on another site (Pertaining to a playoff bracket challenge):

If you remember, before the playoffs started there was that bracket challenge contest where you had to pick not only who would win each series, but in how many games.

First, A's in 3 over the Twins....who picked that? Even if you thought the A's would win, a sweep? I don't think many saw that one coming, especially with Johan Santana on the Twins.

Then, Tigers over Yankees in 4. Another one no one expected. Tigers came out and played tar, I mean hard. Seriously though, they deserved to win. But no one expected it.

Then in the NL, Cards over Padres in 4. Everyone counted the Cardinals out. I mean, they had two 8-game losing streaks, they only won 83 games, etc. Most thought Pads would win, and only few thought if the Cards won it wouldn't be in 5.

Then, the one that probably made the most sense, Mets over Dodgers in 3. The Mets winning many could see, maybe not a sweep, but the Mets winning.

Onto the ALCS. Now remember, you needed to guess all the LDS's right (and the amount of games) to even still have a chance.

After picking an A's sweep and a Tigers upset, you now needed to pick the A's to get swept! Who thought that would happen? A sweep? After having the A's beat Santana you needed to pick them get swept!

To the NLCS. After having the Cards and Mets win, you had to dig deep and pick the underdogs in 7. And don't forget, this would be after picking the Mets to sweep LA. People still weren't sold on the Cardinals.

Ok, so you had to somehow end up with an improbable World Series: Tigers vs. Cardinals. Remember, you just had the Tigers sweep the A's. Now, to pick the Cardinals to win in 5??? Even those who thought the Cards would do it, be honest, did you think in 5? I thought the Cards had a chance but not in 5.

If anyone correctly picked all that, wow! Amazing!

Next year remember: you can't script October!

Edited by Guest

[color:red] 036787_41.jpgMagnum is crushed!

I'm heading straight to the PCP stash I have hidden for Valentine's day, and I'm hitting the pipe and crankin' up my old Dickey Betts albums.

Magnum's heart is broken. usually it's just the tropical hunnies that do this to the ol' Magnum...but today it's baseball.

I am also cancelling my weekly lunch with Darrel Evans just out of spite!

darrell_evans_autograph.jpg