Jambands.ca

DBT Roll Call

Philosopher

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I've been busy all day with the Truckers set-up.

8pm doors

9pm The Drams

10:15pm Truckers

I'd say it's over by 12:30

dammit.... if I had known that, I'd have gone for sure - I just couldn't risk a super-late night as I'm a bit under the weather anyway. But getting home around 1am would have been just fine.

At 10pm last night I was two blocks away from the venue waiting for a bus to go home.

Yeah, I was impressed. Definitely a huge collection of originals. I forgot how much I like the Underground... great venue. Picked up a disc to get my Trucker's collection started.

What a treat to see them there, and there was certainly plenty of room to mill about. I was expecting it to be busier.

Sorry didn't make it to Chester's guys, but by the time we got our shit together it was show time. Nice to see Willy, Whiteymuseum, Paul, Alexis, FairySari, NewRider, etc.

Questcequecest, do I know you? I feel like I should, but I can't seem to put a face to your name. Anyhow, hopefully you enjoyed the show.

Thanks for bringing these guys around Brodie!

Great show in my opinion, damn, I love that band. I got my 'Zip City' & 'Outfit', so I was more then happy just with that. Another highlight for me was meeting them after the sound check & then later stinkin up the bus with some fine Canadian herb & leaving em red eyed & smilin'.

I seriously hope that Hamilton gets a return visit from DBT next time around.

Its looking like my ankle is alot worse off then I originally thought, once the beer & whiskey wore off I realized it was really messed. I've been putting off going to emergency for a couple hours now but its looking like I have no choice now. By the looks of it its either broken or seriously sprained as my foot won't even fit in my shoe now & the pain is reeling. Thanks god for perks.

So I may have a ticket to part with, I doubt I could do cutches at the Phoenix & taking a GO bus just doesn't appeal to me in this state. See what happens later I guess, I could sure stand to catch them again tonight while I'm not babysitting a video recorder.

I was impressed too. Both the crowd and the band seemed to like being at the Underground. The band was a little younger than I was expecting, not that it made a difference... they were fun. I was probably home by 1:00, a little stumblier than I was expecting... left just into the encore. Nice to see everyone.

edger, the feeling is mutual... we should make a point of introducing ourselves :) or whatever. i'll work on this. seeya soon!?! :)

Shitty deal Greg.

I know it's something your mama always told you, but icing and elevation are crucial. I've had multiple, multiple ankle incidences and that seriously can mean days of difference when it comes to recovery.

Advil may actually be more effective than Perks in terms of inflammation (albeit not as fun I'm sure)

I've been putting off going to emergency for a couple hours now but its looking like I have no choice now. By the looks of it its either broken or seriously sprained as my foot won't even fit in my shoe now & the pain is reeling. Thanks god for perks.

Greg, my friend, it really sounds like you need to get this attended to. First priority.

Those shins were made for kickin' - take care of 'em!

What a fantastic night. I was expecting a sold out show based on the number of advanced tickets that were sold. Very few paid at the door last night.

Beyond the biz however, my gosh what an amazing vibe at the Underground last night. To my delight a few members of the band commented during soundcheck on how much they liked how we designed the club. And at the end of the night, members had hoped that when they play small clubs they wished they could all be as "well-oiled" as the Underground. Really felt good to hear that.

Thanks for everyone's attendance/participation. Perhaps we'll see some of you out at Casbah in November for the Greg Keelor/Sadies show.