Jambands.ca

Ebay Scam

Jared

I just thought I'd put a heads out, that i was reading today about how some peole have been making some cash on ebay scamming people.

what they are doing is putting up a posting for somthing, mostly cell phones, and then the auction says that its for whatever is in the picture blow, and they show a picture of the fone, then when you buy it, you get a envelope with a picture of the fone.

aparently its not against ebay rules, cause techincally your getting what they said,

I'm looking for the article, but aparently alot of people are out of money.

they said to not bid on stuff unless the acutally product is displayed, and to check things like the weight of it and the size, cause if the say its the weight of the pone and the paper weighs less it doenst work or somthing.

i used to be hooked to ebay, i had to cut my self off

A couple of times, I haven't received my item in the mail, so I started a dispute and paypal gave me my money back.

I have only had one problem with ebay. I bought a DVD remote for my XBOX and it never came in the mail, so I started a dispute thru ebay and paypal and the guy closed both his accounts and they were unable to get my money back because he didn't have the funds in his account.

Funny thing is, you do need a credit card to start up a paypal account, so you would think there was some way to get my money back from this guys credit card? I don't know how that would work? I only lost out about $20, so I am not going to make a big stink about it.

Another thing is that I keep getting fake emails from paypal asking for my information, or else they will suspend my account. Whenever you get an email from paypal, make sure that they refer to you as your NAME and not Dear Paypal customer!

Another thing is that I keep getting fake emails from paypal asking for my information, or else they will suspend my account. Whenever you get an email from paypal, make sure that they refer to you as your NAME and not Dear Paypal customer!

Those emails aren't from PayPal, they're from people posing as PayPal. Even if they refer to you by name, you should never give out your information in response to one of those emails. PayPal has all your information, they won't ask you for it. This is how people get ripped off.

AD

i've always gotten everything i've ordered through ebay. my mum does it all the time, and never had a problem.

that being said, i'm buying some concert tickets on saturday, the guy listed one ticket and also mentioned a pair he had which were not listed. so we're hooking up in person to trade cash for tickets. makes me feel a bit better than going through ebay.