Jambands.ca

get a load of this yahoo

kookycanooky

i'm trying to sell a tube amp on craigslist and I get this guy:

I assure you that you will get the money in your account before we ship. So dont worry, send me the bank information where you want the money deposited, so that i can send it to my company's cashier so she can deposit the cash in your account soonest. Email me the informations of the bank account, this is the info needed.

Bank Name

Correct Bank address

Account number

Routing number

Name on Account

So email me the needed information and we can do this as soon as possible.

Charlie.

what a douche bag

Bank Name

Correct Bank address

Account number

Routing number

Name on Account

I'm a bit of an idiot, granted, but what could he actually accomplish with this information? Those do seem like necessary details in order to do anything other than an e-mail money transfer. My own bank IDs me anytime I try to make any sort of significant transaction (which I appreciate, and encourage them to keep up) .. maybe that gives me too much of a sense of security.

[edit:] to be clear, not to suggest that the guy isn't some douchebag rip-off artist, which he most likely is. It's just that if you weren't set up for paypal or e-mail transfers, and I legitimately wanted to send you some money, that is exactly the information I would ask for. (And I'm not a douchebag rip-off artist, FWIW, although I may well be out of touch with craigslist culture)