Jambands.ca

Iverson a Piston...

Basher

Sources: Nuggets, Pistons working to finalize Iverson trade

ESPN.com

Updated: November 3, 2008, 12:11 PM ET

The Nuggets and Pistons have agreed in principle on a trade that would send Allen Iverson to Detroit and Chauncey Billups, Antonio McDyess and Cheikh Samb to Denver, sources have told ESPN.

The deal has not been finalized.

This would be the second time Iverson has been traded in two years. He was dealt by Philadelphia to Denver in December 2006, kicked out of Philly over irreconcilable differences as part of a package that brought Andre Miller to the 76ers.

I thought this was a good deal for Denver. They couldn't get past the 1st round with AI, so why not add depth with some fine players. I've liked McDyess since his 'Bama days, I just wish he didn't get injured early in his career. And Billups is an excellent player and a proven winner.

This move is more about the future for Detroit than it is about the present. AI is a UFA after this season. IMHO, Detroit took a step back with this move.

Cleared a pile of cap room for 2010 is what i'm reading today. the writer was thinking that Dumars would be going after Bosh either next year if Bosh exercises his opt out option or 2010 when the contract is fully done. either way, detroit will be better.