Jambands.ca

FFQotD: Foods/meals your folks ate that you'll never make yourself

Davey Boy 2.0

I like liver, I like kidneys and tripe and heart and tongue. I like all the stuff that the British call Awful, so long as it's prepared with love, tradition or innovation and expertise.

I think we've gotten too far removed from where our food comes from and are wasteful when it comes to consuming the entire animal.

How many people on this board will simply throw out the turkey neck and gibblets this Christmas? Not me. That stuff makes gravy good!

• 10 months later...
I think we've gotten too far removed from where our food comes from and are wasteful when it comes to consuming the entire animal.

Well on board with with this. I'd never had liver and was a bit apprehensive when I tried it, but I try to use up all that I can (turkey necks and such go into the stockpot). I found that anti-biotic free chicken livers soaked in lemon juice and flavoured right make for a good pate.

My answer to Sassyskank's question is macaroni. My dad made the worst macaroni in the history of planet Earth. Truly ghastly. Even the shape of the noodles now makes my stomach queasy. I don't know how you fuck up a dish like that, but he managed to everytime.