Jambands.ca

"The Rawside Of..."

edger

Gotta say I love this show. I've only seen it a couple of times (it's a documentary series that goes behind the scenes of the lives of musicians/bands through their writing, touring process, etc). So far I've seen Dodger, The Bourbon Tabernacle Choir, and just last night, The Cliks featured.

I had never heard of The Cliks before. They are an all female, gay band from Toronto with a transgendered identifying lead singer. Very interesting individuals and artists. I just LOVED the lead singers voice. Ironically feminin, and hauntingly beautiful. I didn't get to hear much of their material, but what I did hear, I really enjoyed. Anybody ever hear of them before? Anybody ever watch the show?

Yeah I like this show too and Julian Richings (the enigmatic Bucky from Hard Core Logo) the host works out at my gym so we talk about alot of the behind the scenese stuff. He had some interesting remarks about Metric. He also quipped when I said I watched it that I seemed to be the only one. It's great if you like the band although for a pure music geek show I'm really impressed with Spectacle lately.

Agreed. While I only caught the last half of Spectacle last night, I enjoyed what I saw. I had never heard of She & Him Before. Almost weird seeing that girl from Elf with Will Farrell singing on stage. I love Jenny Lewis. What a cool voice. Confirmed to me that I need to broaden my collection of her work. Also enjoyed Jakob Dylan's take on things. He seems to be in a more comfortable space within the shadow of his father.

While that was a semi-classy choice of young artists - Jenny Lewis and She and Him I mean- Jakob never really was relevant as a songwriter. Worse I really hated how the promos for the episode introduced She and Him as Zooey Deschanels project when of course it's M. Ward that is the brains of the operation. Few would doubt that M. Ward (whose almost perfect string of albums) is widely regarded as one of the most prolific and singular artists of his generation.

Spectacle......

Didn't see all of it - mostly just the Jacob Dylan part and the grand finally with everyone on stage.

I have a new found respect for Jacob Dylan - thouht the tune of his that he and Elvis sang was great!! And great harmonies too!

Damn, the girl from Elf was on there?!?!! She's got a great voice!