Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you refering to yourself at failing to live in a world without purple font? Please god tell me you're not actually this stupid.

i'm glad you're one of the smart ones, and i'm sorry i forgot that. there are people here who would have posted what you did in all sincerity...

i'm glad you're one of the smart ones, and i'm sorry i forgot that. there are people here who would have posted what you did in all sincerity...

With some of the crap I post it was probably pretty easy to forget and I should have said please god tell me you don't think I'm that stupid.

Edited by Guest
grammar is important

Don't you need to read to become a senator?

illustrated_picture_book.jpg

In no way making fun of the illiterate, but come on!! If he can't review the bill in front of him, how can he help approve Canada's laws? This is just pathetic... Not to mention the garbage this guy exudes on RDS... "Darkest day in Habs history" was how he labelled the story on the Kostitsyns' involvement with the Russian mob

Or perhaps he's more tuned in to the plight of the under-educated than other Senators. It's not like one person takes on an issue and sees it through to the end - it's cooperative in the Senate. He's got the background and first-hand knowledge, other people can handle the math...

And, dude's accomplished more than most, with way less education than most. I'm sure he can figure out how to be a success in the Senate.

Ok, so you wouldy accept Don Cherry as a Senator helping creating the laws for all Canadians?

It's simply an over-obvious attempt to appease the crybaby Quebecois and to bring them on over to the Consevative blue wave by promoting an undereducated "oneofthem"...

Anyhow, since Senate does not allow cameras, we'll never know how or what he does... so whatevs.. Politics is a stupid game

Ok, so you wouldy accept Don Cherry as a Senator helping creating the laws for all Canadians?

It's simply an over-obvious attempt to appease the crybaby Quebecois and to bring them on over to the Consevative blue wave by promoting an undereducated "oneofthem"...

Anyhow, since Senate does not allow cameras, we'll never know how or what he does... so whatevs.. Politics is a stupid game

hey lowroller.

Don Cherry has a lot of attributes that would make him a decent Senator. He totally respects the Forces, police, etc, recognizes the importance of an active life, isn't afraid to speak his mind (at least that's what his persona suggests), really supports young people, has travelled the world, etc... I could go on.

I'm sure there are lots of traits that would make him a bad Senator too. But same goes for everyone.

Heaven forbid a normal person (oneofthem) represent normal people (alotofthem) in a democracy.

You are free to attend any sitting of the Senate, you can read every word uttered in the Debates of The Senate, and sometimes hearings are indeed televised. If you really want to know what the Senate does, there are many ways to find out. But it's probably easier to complain.

Look at the politics talk here. Jesus.

"As everyone in this room knows, it has become a rite of passage for aspiring leaders and Prime Ministers to promise Senate reform - on their way to the top - but once they are elected, Senate reform quickly falls to the bottom of the Government's agenda. Nothing ever gets done." -Stephen Harper, Speech on Senate Reform before Senate Committee, September 7, 2006

You are free to attend any sitting of the Senate, you can read every word uttered in the Debates of The Senate, and sometimes hearings are indeed televised. If you really want to know what the Senate does, there are many ways to find out. But it's probably easier to complain.

Or just let you Wiki it for me, and than act all knowing. You own'd Google man...well done!

Sittings of the Senate are open to the public, and are transcribed verbatim in the Debates of the Senate. Unlike the House of Commons, the Senate does not regularly broadcast its hearings, although at times matters of particular interest have been broadcast.

In the end, I quite comfortably feel that the ability to read at a high school level should be a pre-requisite for a senate position.

Now, back to hockey...

Edited by Guest

Living down the street from the Senate does help, but yeah, I double-checked what I knew before writing it here. I didn't know what the transcripts were called so I even learned something. What a strange concept.

Back to hockey, agreed.