Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

So Markov doesn't want the C eh?

I really thought he'd be the next captain but I can understand his reluctance.

Actually, he hasn't been offered the "C" at all, and this is just media BS, which never happens:

The Gazette

"Markov denied he's been approached by the Canadiens to serve as the club's 28th captain and sew the "C" on his sweater to replace free-agent Saku Koivu, who departed this summer.

Head coach Jacques Martin said the same thing yesterday, but put more meat on the bones of speculation by pointing out that the organization - that is, himself - will name the captain at the end of this month's training camp."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish this article had actual quotes... ... but it does say

"Andrei Markov isn't interested in the Montreal Canadiens' captaincy and contrary to a report, he said the job was never offered to him."

edit to add: I think the article you linked to is a lot more reliable and doesn't quote him saying anything like the CBC article implies... fecking tossers

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

Reading between the lines eh? I like it.

I don't think that Markov being made captain would be good for his game. There would be too many distractions for him off of the ice due to the captain's media responsibility.

Jacques Martin said that the coaching staff would pick the captain which tells me that they are going the new NHL direction of what a captain is: the guy that the team is built around and not the locker room leader. They will pick someone who the organization has invested the most in: Gomez. Not sure how I feel about that.

In other news: I have arrived.

127449957_aa2afdb269.jpg

You will all hate me.

In other news' date=' MrBigTime wants to bang Carey's sister, his mom and possibly Carey.

[/quote']

fixed that for ya.. ;) :grin: :P

Ok, come on...

#1 - Cute sister (as I attempt to creep her facebook, she's 23)

#2 - The snow leopard chief

#3 - He'd have to buy me dinner first :P

The story on the mask is that it was supposed to be Worsley on one side, Plante on the other, but the artist mixed up and accidentally used a photo of Dryden (NOTE: the artist also cannot paint trappers); the numbers are representative of the defensive core of Worsley and Plante's defenders in their respective runs to the cup(s).

SPOILER: There are more "100th season" masks to come this season for both goalies, being painted by the same guy. No more brown gear though :(

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

I'll miss the brown gear! That look was awesome. I wonder why they decided against using it, yet still persist with that awful barber pole jersey.

So La Presse is reporting that Laraque and Hamrlik are injured and won't play against the Sens tonight. Hamrlik has a slightly tweaked knee. More worrying is that the Habs are not saying what the nature of Laraque's injury is which can't be a good sign. Sergei Kostitsyn and Kyle Chipchura have still not been cleared to play.

Team B for tonight's game is filled with scrubs. (Hint: Plex should be the biggest offensive threat. Ouch.) I predict that Max Pac will play a monster game.

Guest Low Roller

Poor Kyle Chipchura... He essentially doesn't stand a chance to make the Habs at this point.

Coach Martin has been really impressed with Mr. Bigtime's favorite whipping boy David Desharnais saying that he is in competition for that fourth line center position that Metropolit is currently desperately holding on to.

Chipchura still doesn't have medical clearance to play, and he's also on a one-way contract, meaning he has to clear waivers if he is to go back to the AHL to get back into game shape. I can see a lower-level team like the Islanders or Phoenix taking a chance on him since he only has a one-year league minimum contract.

I was really hoping we'd get a chance to see the 6'9 monster goalie (Jason Missiaen) during the pre-season... He's 3 lbs lighter than Price and 6 inches taller, I hope they beef him up to a solid 350lbs on a Sumo diet!

PS - Bouillon Cube signs with Preds for $750K

Edited by Guest