Jambands.ca

Frank Stallone

bouche

I was listening to Adam Carolla's podcast the other day (worth a listen with the right guest) and his guest was Sly's brother Frank Stallone. I didn't realize how much he's done in movies and music in the last 30 years. He had a couple of milestones, like a Grammy nominated song from Travolta's 'Stayin Alive', called 'Far from Over'. I remember this song now, but had no idea that it was Rocky's brother at the time.

neNtMX-v2eY

Don't forget Take It Back (do do do do).

He (along with most of Stallone's family) made an appearance in Rocky singing his song around the garbage can. As the film had to come in under $1,000,000 Stallone used all the free actors he could find (his dad rings the bell in the final fight). The dog in the movie (butkis) was Sly's actual dog too.

Best movie ever made.

Frank talked about alot of this in the podcast. You should have a listen. You can click and listen on the link I posted. He talks about the low budget and how they had to bring the cast and crew across the country to Philly on the train. There are some very cool stories in there.

1 year before Rocky, Sly was Franks roadie.