Jambands.ca

Deal of the day - Gov't Mule The Deepest End

Raven_Space

Wow, what a wicked lunch I had. I went into Dr. Disc in hamilton to see if there were any deals to be found and got a great one. I scored the new Gov't Mule The Deepest End 2CD/DVD set for $25! It was a used copy, someone else sold it this morning and apparently they had just put it out.

Just listening to disc one right now [big Grin]

Just picked that up myself on Monday. What a great package, 2 cd's chocked full of great tunes from a great show and then to top it off a dvd with over 3 hours of footage! Picking that up for $25 is a steal raven_space, I think I paid forty something but even at that price it is well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

From Rolling Stone:

"Gov't Mule The Deepest End (ATO Records)

The economic law of diminishing returns delicately says that at certain times the more of something you have the less return you will receive. Bands the world over have tossed that handy maxim aside for aimless twenty-minute guitar and drum solos. A quick glance over the twenty-song, two-hour-and-thirty-four-minute double disc live offering from Gov't Mule, The Deepest End, would seem the definition of diminishing returns. (And that's not including the three-hour DVD.) At times this collection adroitly proves the point. Then there's the wicked guitar solo battle between the trio's Warren Haynes and slide guitar legend Sonny Landreth during the epic cover of Robert Johnson's "32/20 Blues" that throws the whole damn theory out the window. To be sure, in the hands of any less talented or traveled musicians as Haynes, drummer Matt Abts and keyboardist Danny Louis -- along with a cornucopia of bassists running from Dave Schools to Will Lee to Mike Gordon to Jason Newsted -- the recording of a five-plus hour show would be a waste. These lads pull it off in fine fashion, economists be damned. (DAVID JOHN FARINELLA)"

fretman,

No, the Rising Low DVD (the movie Cactus made) is separate. This is a release of the Deepest End concert in NOLA, a 5 1/2 hour show that featured guest bassists and other musicians a'plenty . Between the 2 CDs and the 3 hour long DVD, it covers the entire show, with some overlap between the CDs and DVD. Well worth the price, it's a great value for your money as well as being an awesome show.

RnB

Archived