Jambands.ca

Murray's Market, Ottawa - been there yet?

Cosmic ChrisC

I had to go to the market on Friday so stopped there for lunch. I was in a rush but did notice the nice decor, the cheese counter, the fresh meat counter, the fresh and frozen veggies, some from Bryson, some from Suntech, coffee, hot sauces, granola, frozen dinner options such as shepard's pie, ready to go sandwiches and sides, and of course the sandwich counter at the back where I ordered a pulled pork sandwich with a side of quinoa salad; sandwich and side options change everyday. That place was totally needed in the market. There's a few tables if you wanna eat in.

• 4 weeks later...

I went there today and ended up with the pulled pork sandwich. Pretty good for $8.50 but it is a bit pricey in there. A $4 side is fiendishly small. I figured the sandwich was enough but my buddy grabbed a side tomato/cucumber salad. Let's face it, it was KID sized.

I will go back for sandwiches and maybe some deli counter stuff. Nice looking sausages, various hot sauces and maple/birch syrup that I have not seen anywhere before.

They have a cool artistic map on the wall that shows all the places where they get their ingredients/products from.