Jambands.ca

Leaf Fans Forum

badams

Guest Low Roller

It was completely unfortunate! It completely deflated the team that can't seem to catch a break lately. I actually feel bad for them at this point. I figured that Lupul's return would at least give them a bit of a boost.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

The Leafs just created another bad situation last night by pulling Reimer after he helped the team take the lead, only for Bernier to come back in and lose the game. Now you have a starter with no confidence and playing injured, and a back-up who has been slighted one too many times and probably wants to get out.

Guest Low Roller

What do you guys think of the Franson/Santorelli trade? I'll cautiously say they got an ok return (a high first round pick, and a small forward with top six potential), however let's see what they can get for Jokinen, who they clearly said they will try to flip. 

What kind of return do you think trading Kessel and Phaneuf will get?

I didn't know Jokinen was still in the league.  Can't imagine they'll get anything in return for him.  But good on them for getting a high 1st rounder.  I still love Phat Phil and think he just needs to be treated properly to invoke his full potential, so I hope they don't trade him.  I really can't stand Phaneuf though.  With his stupid contract they'll have trouble getting anything decent for him.

Guest Low Roller

According to NHLnumbers.com (is that the best capgeek.com replacement?) and some math:

- Clarkson's cap hit is $5.25M AAV until 2019-2020, with 75% of his salary left to pay on his 7 year $36.75M deal ($27.6M)

- Richards's cap hit is $5.75M AAV until 2019-2020, with 32% of his salary left to pay on his 12 year $69M deal ($22M)

That's a lot of dough for total shite ROI.

Guest Low Roller

Latest draft lottery odds:

Buffalo Sabres 20.0%
Edmonton Oilers 13.5%
Arizona Coyotes 11.5%
Toronto Maple Leafs 9.5%
Carolina Hurricanes 8.5%
Columbus Blue Jackets 7.5%
New Jersey Devils 6.5%
Dallas Stars 6.0%
Colorado Avalanche 5.0%
Philadelphia Flyers 3.5%