Jambands.ca

Jimmy Swift Band is Re-reuniting

Hartamophone

I think there was a really falling out of band  members that led to the band's initial break up.  The guys made good on their friendship shortly after the band broke up and I think they all needed a break to explore some other life experiences... nice to see them get back playing together. Band played some legendary shows in their day.. the seamless sets with GTB were also big highlights.

On 11 March, 2016 at 1:03 AM, Jay Funk Dawg said:

the seamless sets with GTB were also big highlights.

I lived out East from '99-'04 and was really into to both bands while I was out there. That said, I never loved the seamless sets. It was a cool idea, but after seeing it done once I found it was a novelty that detracted from the show. Personally, I would have rather seen each band play one, two-hour set than the two, one-hour sets, which is what the seamless set shows entailed if I recall correctly. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them, but would have been fine had they stuck with a more conventional setup.

But yeah, glad to see JSB back at it for another run. Man I had some great times at those shows, and it was fun to see them explode regionally and get some recognition nationally during their peak years. I doubt that they'll make it as far as Ontario this time around, but hopefully some recordings make it out.

I recently found a big stack of JSB stickers and was wondering if anything was going on with them anymore. Thanks for the heads up.

11 hours ago, Hartamophone said:

Personally, I would have rather seen each band play one, two-hour set than the two, one-hour sets, which is what the seamless set shows entailed if I recall correctly.

I enjoyed the seamless sets, though living in Ontario I'm sure I didn't experience them as much as folks in the east did. The Charlottetown  NYE (2002>2003 IIRC) seamless set was my favourite. Fun freakin' night that's for sure. Ended up in Summerside for a few days partying with some folks I had met. Flying kites in a snowstorm still stands out in my memory. Good times.

7 hours ago, Esau. said:

The Charlottetown  NYE (2002>2003 IIRC) seamless set was my favourite. Fun freakin' night that's for sure. 

Yessir:

https://archive.org/details/jsb-gtb2002-12-31.shnf

I was at school in NB at the time, but was home in Ottawa for the holidays and missed that show. I still regret not flying back early for it. I think it may have been the first seamless set show, but I stand to be corrected.