Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo

cheesehead

A cheesy day to all,

Good morning sir, good afternoon ma'am. Technically that was correct because noon passed as I was speaking. Ah, professor frink.

Aaaaaaaaaanywho, Just wondering what everyone thinks of the Bonnaroo line-up this year. Neil Young...man that is sick. But no string cheese as of yet, a disappointment no doubt. Glad to see that spearhead and mmw and new deal are there. Lemme know what you think. I love you all.

One more thing,

I was recently discussing with some people the idea of having a jam band radio station in Toronto, or a major Canadian city, and the main argument from their standpoint was that there is not a big enough market for such a thing. I maintain that perhaps PHSH 101.1 or something of the sort would do extremely well.

Any thoughts?

quote:

Originally posted by cheesehead:

I was recently discussing with some people the idea of having a jam band radio station in Toronto, or a major Canadian city, and the main argument from their standpoint was that there is not a big enough market for such a thing. I maintain that perhaps PHSH 101.1 or something of the sort would do extremely well.

Any thoughts?

No, your friends are right - there's not enough of a market. Radio stations rely heavily on advertising, and there's no way that the ratings would be high enough to attract the kind of advertisers that you need to run a station. Plus, it would be rather difficult to persuade advertisers to pay for ads on a station that has a rather non-definable listening demographic - not to mention one that is largely anti-corporate.

You'd be better off hosting a "jam band" programme on a college or university radio station.

Brian.

Man I've badly wanted a radio show for some time now, either on CIUT or the Ryerson station. Also cbc would be cool.

I'd play a lot of crazy jazz to bluegrass to funk, to bands like string cheese who combines it all. Basically some stuff that a lot of other shows are playing but tie it all togerther with bands from our 'scene'. I think it would turn a lot of people on to possibilies.

The big trouble is that you really have to know someone who has a show. Volunteer, help out with shows, then eventually get yours.

Anyway I'd love a late evening show, like 10-12pm or something like that. It would be sweet!

Oh yeah, Bonnaroo...

I think the band list is pretty sick. Some pretty sweet additions too. It will be really cool seeing Neil jammin' out with some crazy people.

I'm a little dissapointed that as of yet, no cheese. But that's ok, so much other wicked stuff going on. We never get Keller up here, so it will be sweet seeing him, maybe he'll sing a little cheesy...

I can't wait!

Broo line-up is amazing! I ca't wait to be blown away for three days straight. Neil, the dead, the allmans, moe. , mmw, and the list keeps going on forever. As for the radio station I have to agree that there is just not a big enough market for it.

Booonnnaaarrroooooo!!!!

SWEET! Neil...crazy hourse...sick!

Radio radio...the waves are on their way out. Do a radio station online. It's free. You can do it a couple of ways, through Musicmatch Jukebox is one, and the other is just to download the media encoder from Microsoft. It lets you broadcast your audio to the net and have people connect. Can't get it in your car (just yet anyway) but it's only a matter of time. Anyway, it's a good time playing around with it. Bluegrass humpday, psychedelic Fridays. [smile] Late night Django!!!

Cheers!

Ira Hayes

(Also need to get Musicmatch to handle SHN's...)

hey. if you're going to bonnaroo this year, you should check out the north mississippi allstars. if you don't know em, they're a great blues/rock band, and they played bonnaroo last year too. they've got a new album, polaris, coming out april 8. you can get it at preorderpolaris.com, and have a chance to win some sweet prizes, too. anyone else know these guys? what do you all think of them?

Anyone out there forsee Vida Blue being added? After all Oteil will be there with the Allmans and Russell is in the funky METERS all we're missing is Page. And well if Page shows up then we already have half of Phish there!!! Other than that I have heard that Willie Nelson may be added. Any more rumors out there?

Archived