Jambands.ca

Hey from DownTime....

peipunk

Hey there, a quick word from a jamband that has just moved to Ontario from PEI (and thankfully found a drummer right away). We are called DownTime and we're looking forward to making some new friends as we start to gig around; I thought that this would be a good place to let people know what we do, in case we are in the area. We have just booked our first 2 gigs in Ontario, Friday November 2 @ The Comfort Zone(10:30-12:00 opening for Borg & Vella) and Saturday Nov. 3 @ The Circus Room in Kitchener. We are a 3 piece band, drums, bass and a guitar player who has a big assortment of toys(Boomerang phrase sampler, guitar synth, Roland MC-505 groove box, etc.). Our originals have influences including funk/rock/jazz/trance-techno kind of stuff and we do a bunch of phunky covers (as well as a few classic rockers that come out if everybody in the room has had enough booze). We have been playing the Maritime circuit for the past year (just got back from a 2-1/2 week swing) and played @ the Evolve festival in August. I've been checking out this forum page and it seems like a good place to say hey to people who like shows. Thanks for reading this and I look forward to meeting you, either at our shows or other shows going on(String Cheese Montreal was sick- can't wait for moe. next week).

Cheers,

Chris Buote

Bass player, DownTime smile.gif" border="0

Just moved to the east end of Toronto....no web site yet but its in the works. We do have a 4 song demo that we recorded in Halifax a couple of weeks ago, I think we are so pleased with how it turned out that we are going to sell them off the stage. Thanks for the interest...

CB

Archived