Jambands.ca

new music...

SaggyBalls

So last night i was in CD warehouse, looking for music to get with xxx-mas cash because london record stores suck ass. I was in the jazz section and found a new blue note band that's not on the website...it was one word and started with a b. it was awesome. i listened to it but thought i'd get it later...sort of acid jazz with a bit of electronica...not quite as laid back and mroe funky than st germain. it was french(not in language...i think it was blue note france) - i feel like a moron coming on not knowing exactly what to tell you...all i know is that it was great and everyone should try to get ahold of it. it was in a glossy cardboard package with a picture of a blonde woman in a red sweater laying on her side on the grass...a close up of her head and shoulders.

and no, i'm not stoned if anyone's wondering.

what i did get was great though...a bob marley dub album(70's dub not the ambient dub remixes from the lasters which i already have on vinyl), the new tND album...gold...garcia/grisman's so what, and the in sounds from way out - instrumental beastie boys.

that album would've went well with those purchases...i think i paid too much for the garcia/grisman cd but don't know what's a fair price...it was worth the 30 bucks with tax but what should i expect to pay for an acoustic disc recording?

quote:

Originally posted by Canned Beats:
So last night i was in CD warehouse, looking for music to get with xxx-mas cash because london record stores suck ass. I was in the jazz section and found a new blue note band that's not on the website...it was one word and started with a b. it was awesome. i listened to it but thought i'd get it later...sort of acid jazz with a bit of electronica...not quite as laid back and mroe funky than st germain. it was french(not in language...i think it was blue note france) - i feel like a moron coming on not knowing exactly what to tell you...all i know is that it was great and everyone should try to get ahold of it. it was in a glossy cardboard package with a picture of a blonde woman in a red sweater laying on her side on the grass...a close up of her head and shoulders.

I think the artist is "booster" and the album is "loop in release". Head to http://www.bluenote.tm.fr/main.htm and click on the "BOOSTER" bannder.

Aloha,

BRAD (Booster References Accessed Deliberately)

You want a KILLER garcia/grisman???

get the Pizza Tapes......

There is another guitar player on there named Tony Rice that will knock yer socks off!

plus this great quote (as well as many others):

Garcia - Yeah, lets play that back again and see what the fuck we did.