Jambands.ca

Black Crowes are no more!

Jaimoe

As reported on tonight's Citytv newscast, The Crowes have broken up. I wonder if Kate Hudson had anything to do with this? This sucks because I think they were making good musical strides in the last few years - I really like their last studio album and their live cd with Jimmy Page. I bet Rich and Kate butted heads a few too many times for Chris and the band to go on. Again, this sucks!

That really does suck. They were like the last rock 'n' roll band left. Southern, stoned and dirty.

"Lions" couldn't be a better final album. It's a fantastic piece of work and if it couldn't bring them huge sucess and fame, nothing could. "Soul Singing" will be a big part of their legacy.

I've got "Southern Harmony" on repeat...

They are actually on "hiatus"- seems to be the new en vogue term.....

Steve Gorman the drummer has officially left for the ever proverbial "personal reasons".

Chris Robinson is going to be doing a solo album this year. I can guarantee his little starf**k wife had a lot to do with this. Didn't anyone else notice the overwhelming theme of love on "lions"...... I bet the solo album is a bunch of solo slow ballad love type songs.

Bite me Kate.

Sean

I'm looking forward to Rich Robinson solo material. He writes all the music in the Crowes so a solo album should be interesting. A youngish Keith Richards ( sans the hard " stuff " ) with a funk-Allmans ear and attitude. Hopefully he can become a good lead singer. He's a pretty good back-up singer with the Crowes. I'm not sure if Kate Hudson was the whisperer in Chris's ear, but he's been married a year and the band is suddenly on " hiatus ". They were the only " real " ( semi-commercial ) rock band left in the States, other than Matchbox 20 and the Goo Goo Dolls. I'm obviously kidding about the last two bands.

"rawwwrrrr" bring those claws back in ladies

ya, it musta been kate cuz rich and chris have always gotten along great, and suddenly... right...

rolleyes.gif" border="0

anyway, the website says it's not kate that they all spent the holidays in aspen, but who knows for sure...

i wont even comment on rich "without the hard stuff" wink.gif" border="0