Jambands.ca

Barrymore Info

Harpua

Ive never been to Barrymores before, kinda weird eh? Anyways, I'm hoping to tape the Mississipi all stars show on Tuesday. The band say they allow taping, just wondering if I should expect any weirdness from the venue, because they probably arent that used to "tapers".

Also, I don't have mic stands, yet, is there any good places to hang mics around there, say, a balcony or something?

Also, who else is going?

I was at Barrymore's for the first time a week ago to see the pink floyd tribute. Sweet venue!! There is all kinds of different balcony levels so I'm sure you can find a spot to set up shop...probably near the sound board if they are cool with that. I'm looking forward to seeing this show. See you there!

Guest Low Roller

There have plenty of balconies to choose from if you want to hang your mic, but that would result in serious crowd noise. You can try your luck with the soundboard guy, because I'm sure they have an output on that beast of a mixing board.

Graham, I've patched from the board at Barrymore's (Rheostatics, One Step Beyond) and it sounds incredible. You need 2 mono 1/4' plugs to patch in. However, if they're not going to allow a sbd, then set up directly in front of the board, at that rail. It's as good a place as any.

Good luck!