Jambands.ca

AHahehjAEHJheheha

I was talking with my boss at this cafe I'm workin' at right now (The Dogtooth Cafe, in Golden BC) and I mentioned that Recipe From A Small Planet are coming to town on Saturday.. She was like "Oh yeah, I've seen them too -- but its Recipe FOR A Small Planet, not FROM eh"

So I seized the opportunity and put a little money where my mouth was - the winner gets the loser's tips from this week (about $30).. Woohooo!!! grin.gif" border="0

Nope, I don't recognize those 2 names... But I'm sure I've stood beside them before and know people who know them and its quite possible that I've met 'em too! Golden is very, very small. smile.gif" border="0

So, I'm having trouble proving that its *from* and not *for*.. It says FROM on the front page of The Golden News but everyone's saying that The Golden News isn't reliable enough.. Then this girl called the little t-shirt/barber/record shop in town and asked someone there and they said its *for*, but I pointed out that Golden's record store doesn't hold much credibility either. wink.gif" border="0

Weezy, where do you live? I saw Tala play here in Golden last week actually... I had just got off 12 hours of work and had the same thing coming the next day, so I only saw the 1st half of the 2nd set.. The guy's sitar wouldn't work which was too bad. They sounded pretty good, but no one in the bar seemed to pay much attention to them.. I saw this AC/DC cover band called BC/DC a few nights ago at the same venue and they rocked the place much harder I must say.

now THERE'S proof! kevo - I live in Vancouver - Tala played here on tuesday, but they're playing again on Friday - If I have any energy after tonight, I'll check em' out.. - thanks for the eeeenpho

ps - do you know Ian Pearson - he lives in Golden w/ a few buddies....

Weezy, nope, don't know him.. I've only been here since January, and like many of us I suck with names.

I'm doing a West Coast tour at the start of April, its gonna be my first time visiting the Coast and I'm pretty excited! Any "must see" or "must do's"? I really want to check out the Island, and hopefully do some surfing in Tofino. If I make it for 4/2 I'll be going to see Fila Brazilia too. cool.gif" border="0

For the record: The verdict just came out about an hour ago at work, and I won $56.80 through this bet!!!!grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Recipe tonight, then riding tomorrow on my day off!