Jambands.ca

nerolog, Stardate 030902

Velvet

nero @ the Planet, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Second time nero has played this room, and a fine room it is. We look forward to it for the band room if nothing else. Swooped into Halifax just in time to miss all the music stores and Dave needed some of his hard-to-find DR10 strings. Ahh, the challenge I've been waiting for. Mad calling all around and I promptly failed in my mission, though I looked like a real-live band manager sitting in the phone booth with my roll of quarters. Better luck next time.

We were disappointed to find that Dr. Yellow Fever was playing their last show ever at a bar down the street, and the local favourites certainly affected the attendance at our show. That being said, a big crowd of friendly folks came out to this one, easily three times as many as last time, which is a great sign. Once again we saw people who had been at other shows on the tour, which is really cool too.

The last time we were here was my birthday and two notable things happened that night. One, I got rip-roaring drunk like I was in first-year and the frosh drunk, and two, nero played better than they ever had before. This time around I stayed sober ("Hey, weren't you the really drunk guy from last time?"), but nero stayed consistent and played easily the best show of this tour. And the audience appreciated it. After the show everyone was congratulating the band and buying cd's and giving us pot and inviting us to parties and giving us pot and telling us how great the show was....

It's really exciting to see people really turned on by music.

We bowed out of the parties and headed to the hotel for a much needed rest. The hotel is 100% nonsmoking, and they offer a $300 ‘environmental fee' to those that break the rule. At least they don't fine ya. And ironically, we were in room 4020 and finally had nice buds to not smoke! Whatever.

Quote of the Day: "Betcha a quarter I can squeeze your breast without touching your shirt or bra."

I

Holetown Charlie

Oregano Mice

Wata Bug>

Miko Mard>

Wata Bug>

Miko Mard>

Whispy Mountain Wonder

Tonto's Underwater Paradise

401 Theme

II

Gordon's Revenge>

Hockey Night In Canada

Happy Birthday to You>

Peaches en Regalia

Lemondust>

Chocolate Monkey Machine

Flurmy>

Basheeba>

Flurmy>

Centregnome

Condor

e: Pumpkin Song

That whole show looks SICK!!! A must have for me if possible gentlemen (the Monkeys & Pablo) I am especially frightened by the

Peaches en Regalia

Lemondust>

Chocolate Monkey Machine

Flurmy>

Basheeba>

Flurmy>

Centregnome

Condor

BARFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0