Jambands.ca

Albrecht Durer & Phish

CharlieDon'tSurf

Pardon the giant signature! I had no idea the man was so gigantic. By my calculations, he was over 16 feet tall, which is somewhat abnormal for his era... I'll stick with Duvall for now as he is just under 10 feet tall (based on the proportions in the pics) and fits better in web format...

(insert segue here)

As far as Phish is concerned, I have an extremely limited base to work from them. My sole source for anything Phishy would be dogatthestation and his live-in Habs fan Reba. Any advice on how to proceed into Phish Utopia would be greatly appreciated... what should I listen to first? It doesn't necessarily need to be their best performance, but maybe their most quintessential... if there is a difference... anyway, I'm looking forward to your thoughts (good or bad)

tongue.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

you all rock...

this is exactly what I needed to hear/read! Thanks to all for the input so far...i'll let you know how the process goes

I will definitely start with The Man Who Stepped into Yesterday (thanx Treyter) and work my out from there

scottieking, what is it about the 4/16/92 show that most impressed you? How much has it influenced the rest of your Phish experiences? That should be a nice simple question to answer!

thanx again all!

grin.gif" border="0

Buried Alive > Possum at the start was fun as hell and gave me a sense that this was a different brand of band. The It's Ice always floored me, how did they sing like that? BATR showed me that one can really play a fun/difficult melodic line on their instruments whilst singing a different part from the other 2 dudes doing the same concept. Split (YES) and then the Maze, hearing that for the first time was quite an experience. Coln Forbin>Mockingbird and of course, everyones favorite zoo animal, Antelope. I got off on the "run run run run run run run" like everyone else does when they first get into Antelope.

GREAT TAPE, Treyter helped me wear that one out. And thanks Harpua! (I moon you!)

Never had the second set to that one.......but I am sure it would drive your Sanity insane. That whole April run is pretty legendary by Phish standards I think.....

wait a second, have I become ScottieKing?

might want to start with The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday (Trey's college thesis)

then i'd recommend something from '92 (maybe 4/16/92)

then maybe hit some 96 (clifford ball perhaps?)

then follow uncle booche...'cause '97 is the shit.

quintissential you say...why not take a couple days off and prepare yourself for the millenium show...that otta be quintissential enough for ya. I'm also intrigued by treyter's thoughts...start from the beginning, thats where it all began...

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0