Jambands.ca

Ebert Attacks the Clones

h

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Ebert's review of Attack of the Clones is in...and it ain't good.

If the review is accurate, the 2nd instalment of Series I continues in the bloated, boring but technically crisp tradition of Phantom Menace.

Ebert gives Attack of the Clones 2 stars, his lowest-ever rating for a Star Wars movie.

Dig it at:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/cst-ftr-ebert10.html

(post stolen from www.ottawacomedy.com)

Yeah I saw the review as well... and apparently he wants to see it again because he admitted he saw it in a poor quality theater and was really turned off by the special effects...However, he is the first person that I have read to seriously criticize the movie... most of the reviews I have read are very positive..

The profession of critic (be it a movie critic, a food critic, an art critic) is about the lowest form of profession ever...and when I say that, I mean so low, that they look up at the lawyers, real estate agents, used car salespeople and useless fodder like Alex Mogilny.

Ebert, even in the Siskel years, was no more than a pudgy man with an inferiority complex and a venue to rant. Their two cents worth is way over-priced...

He's probably a Sens fan, too... grin.gif" border="0

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

They hung movie critics by the toes and let Ewoks beat them with little sticks and rocks!

The way I look at it the new Star Wars movies can never be as good to me as the original 3. The reason for that though is how much they affected my life. I was 7 when Star Wars came out. Every toy I owned for years was Star Wars related. The jump in special effects was amazing.

Dont get me wrong though, I know I will love this episode just as I did Episode 1.