Jambands.ca

Southwestern haunt-ario

SaggyBalls

There's a killer psychedelic bluegrass band out of London called the Yams. Their first Cd is wicked and I heard they just released another...Check 'em out if you get the chance, they've been to K/W a couple times and did not dissapoint.

Sounds like soutern Ontario is a lot of fun!

Starting in July we are gonna feed you a steady diet of Nuggets as well...

Nugget Productions presents

THREAT FROM OUTER SPACE

Wedneday July 10

Baccus Lounge

London, ON

Their trademark sound has been coined "New School Funk". This Five-Man Crew is on a self-propelled mission, on a course that will not deviate. Their instrumentation is diverse and original. With a focus on Funk and Dub elements, carried by a Hip-Hop flare, the combination of drums, electric and upright basses, electric guitar, synthesizers, trumpet, saxophone, and vocals creates a live show that is mesmerizing and entertaining. The debut EP release, entitled "All Systems Activated" contains five tracks produced by the group and Lee Preston of Greenhouse Studios. From the Opening Launch warm-up of "Drip Shit Heavy", to the dubish groove of "Our Text For Today" 's final blast sequence, it becomes clear that the term "New School Funk" best describes this group's venture.

TFOS will be in Ottawa July 27 @ the Bayou

Nugget Productions presents...

FREE FLOW

Wednesday July 17

Baccus Lounge

London, ON

FreeFlow, as the title suggests is about movement, fluidity, and creative spontaneity. The project was spawned in the winter of 1999 as a jam band playing a regular Friday night gig at a local restaurant/bar on the East Side of Vancouver. Slowly the riffs, grooves and musical interplay evolved into distinctive songs and style. Taking influences from jazz to soul, from reggae to hip-hop, throw in some funk and even rock n' roll, FreeFlow keep it musically dynamic for themselves as well as for their audiences.

Giggles and I got lots more to come for you London kids....

Yay, London! Destined yet to become the jam mecca of the southwest.

In response to a few things:

The Yams : James (lead singer) was a student teacher at the high school I teach at this year. He and I did a duet ala Luther Wright on Another Brick in the Wall PT2 for an assembly. They're good shit, check'em out.

Nuggets Productions: yeah boys, go to it. That July 10th one is going to be a tough one to pull folks for after Phil the night before but I'm sure I'll find the strength.

Giggles and Beats: could this Friday finally be the night I'm in town to see you guys? Stay tuned....

and in a fit of shameless self promotion [big Grin]

Gables in Grand Bend presents:

No Applause Wednesday's with Scottie King

July 3, July 24 and Aug 14

You can also catch Scottie every Monday at Gable's co-hosting Jam Nights with Brian Dale

Yaqui Mystic were from London weren't they? Are they still playing? I also remember a funk band a la Parliament/Funkadelic who came from London...