Jambands.ca

Triple set-blender last night

bouche

Last night was killer.

Thanks to all of the fantastic musicians and their amazing show last night!

Project Gold was a great suprise last night. Those guys gave out some really cool jams amidst some very well written tunes. It was really great to see Bryan step away from the sound and lights and really giv'er up on stage! When do I get to jam with ya?

Nice Rack, thanks for the Beatles injection! I wish Catphish was there for your set. Your countrified sound is really sweet. The Folsom Prison hand-off to Hux was done up real good!

Dr. Huxtable - WOW [Eek!][Eek!]

That was a Super-set...it was so very tight and energetic by EVERYONE. How many times did I hear "that keyboardist is something else huh?" last night? Dr H was hooked up with a pink 'silk?' shirt for the ladies, ms. hux was SO into a great zone last night, Peter was right on the jams (there were a couple of requests for love shack, but I guess there was no mic for peter? [Frown] ), and Chris's bass had some very hot power coming out.

Oliver did a nice job in his jams in the Huxies set. I love it when Dr.H pulls out New Funk Order with a guest on stage. It was fun to watch Oliver react and play. Great job man!

Aljee, and D.J. scratchin' (I keep forgetting his name) on stage with the huxies appeared like a brand new band! Have you guys played together before? That was TIGHT! Aljee was harmonizing with everything he could. I was so impressed. The scratchin fit so damn well, it was scary. I learned alot about that scratchin' stuff last night. I was sitting behind him with RainmakerTV for a while, we sat there smiling quite a bit.

I hope Bradm captured everything last night, as this shite needs to be heard again.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

Project Gold was a great suprise last night. Those guys gave out some really cool jams amidst some very well written tunes. It was really great to see Bryan step away from the sound and lights and really giv'er up on stage! When do I get to jam with ya?

Show up for a Tuesday open jam night, and it just might happen...

Aloha,

Brad

I made it to work!!!

GREAT time last night, big crowd, sweet vibe...Nice Rack was a blast, and Project Gold smoked. There were a lot of sit-ins and what not, it was great playing with some of the Project Gold guys - Jay on tables, Oliver on guitar, and as always, the man Aljee on sax. I think we should see some interesting future musical adventures from some of the seeds that were sown last night!!

...here's our set:

Folsom Prison Blues (setblender with Nice Rack) ->

Jam ->

Enchanted Time ->

Girl with the Silver Muse

In the Meantime* -> Jamaica**

Switzerland ->**

Tomorrow Never Knows ->**

Switzerland**

Airborne***->

Shadow Blind

Jam->New Funk Order****