Jambands.ca

very interesting

secondtube

not even gonna get into this one, but Ticketmaster makes me sick, and this is just one more reason.

With the money we pay in service charges the least they could do is print the bloody ticket. Yes i know we pay a few more dollars in shipping charges, but not if you pick it up at ticketmaster outlet.

Come on, doesn't everyone cherish their photo ticket stub album. I mean, more people come to my house and check out the ticket stub album than any of the photo albums, and for me, is more special. I don't want to have cheesy print outs from my 80 dollar bubblejet home printer, which i'm sure ain't gonna make it through any rain, or a violent ticket ripper at the gate.

Ok, maybe i did get into it...

My interpretation was different. Isn't this a service that actually allows you to have full tickets in said Photo Ticket Stub Album? I think you still get your regular tickets, which are ripped or scanned (has anyone seen this yet?!?@?#>?) but can print yourself a full color full ticket for historical purposes.

My only concern was that this must make it significantly easier for scalpers to counterfeit tickets. I mean they've given them the freakin template, all they have to worry about is cardstock. Wait a minute, hmmmm......

Shhhh

Sean

ps. That was a joke

Okay, this is how this works. Venues that accept these tickets have people with handheld barcode scanners. The printout you get has a custom barcode on it - you DO NOT get regular tickets.

The amazing thing is that Ticketmaster charges an extra $1.25 to use this service. Saving them ticket stock, printing, postage, evelope - and for that you PAY EXTRA??

Ticket master does and will always suck.

Later,

Brian

I was wrong. Sorry boys.

One more reason to print out some of them killer Ticketbastard stickers.......

S

ps. On the East Coast there is no TB, so I went to line up for Dylan at a gas station an hour before the onsale time, paid $1.50 service charge and got 8th row. There are a few benefits to the slow Maritime way.

Yup, last night at the Ampitheatre I couldn't help but notice that they don't even rip the stubs anymore. They just take your ticket, zap the barcode with a laser gun, then give you the ticket back, whole.